Child Custody and Visitation Under Florida Family Law
Orlando Child Custody Lawyer
One of the most hotly contested areas of a divorce involves child custody and visitation. However, you do not have to be a divorcing couple to need the services of an experienced family law attorney in Orlando, FL. The same custody and visitation laws that apply to divorcing parents also apply to people who were never married to their children’s other parent.
We Help Clients With Child Custody And Visitation Cases
At The Roberts Family Law Firm in Orlando, FL, we have represented numerous clients in child custody and visitation cases. Our Orlando child custody attorneys have handled more than 1,000 family law cases and have obtained excellent results in virtually every case. The keys to our success include meticulous preparation and the use of highly regarded experts, ranging from forensic psychologists to child development experts.
In Florida, most parents share parental responsibility in making important decisions about their child’s education, health care and religious upbringing. Often, one parent will be awarded primary physical custody while the other will receive visitation rights.
We typically resolve child custody and visitation disputes through negotiation or mediation. However, if the parties involved cannot fashion a workable parenting plan, we will take the case to court, where we have been extremely successful.
Putting Children’s Needs First
Our child custody lawyers in Central Florida are fierce litigators, but we are also students of child development. We care about our client’s children and keep abreast of what experts say is best for them. The current philosophy is that a positive environment is more important to the healthy development of children than a two-parent household. In other words, staying in a bad relationship for the sake of the children may do a disservice to both the adults and the children involved.
Our goal is to help our clients promptly establish, modify or enforce appropriate child custody and visitation arrangements so that they can rebuild their lives in a manner that minimizes the negative impact to children.
Call Our Central Florida Child Custody Lawyers!
To arrange a consultation with our highly experienced child custody lawyer in Orlando and to ensure your rights and your children rights are protected, please contact The Roberts Family Law Firm today at (407) 426-6999. You may also fill out the online form located on this page and we will contact you shortly. We value your privacy and will keep your information confidential. We represent clients in Orlando and throughout Central Florida. Free parking available.
- Do grandparents have visitation or custody rights in Florida?
- What are my rights if my spouse plans to go to work and leave the children with a sitter, but I am available to be with them?
- 9 Ways to Help Make Joint Child Custody Work
- Role of a Guardian Ad Litem for Custody Disputes
- What is the Difference between a Final and Non-Final Order?
- How to Establish Paternity in Florida
- Why is Aggressive Representation Vital to Family Law Matters?
- Child Custody and Relocation: What to Consider
- Florida lawmakers push for new law that could alter parental custody
- Florida Senate passes bill that helps give divorced parents equal time with children
- Florida family law reform bill bad for kids?
- Law Would Stop Rapists From Getting Custody of Their Child When a Raped Woman Rejects Abortion