Divorce Articles - Florida Law
10 Questions You Should Ask your Divorce Attorney
Posted on November 11, 2018
Before meeting a divorce attorney to discuss your case, it’s helpful to compile a list of questions to ask him or her during your initial consultation. Though it’s no secret divorce cases can be incredibly complex, the experienced divorce attorneys at The Roberts Family Law Firm, P.A. in Orlando can answer the following questions in addition to any other concerns you may have.
- What approach will you take to resolve my case?
- How do I contact you in case of an emergency and who else can I contact if you are unavailable?
- What is your hourly rate and retainer fee?
- Will there be other costs associated with my case, such as charges for private investigators, physicians, psychologists, etc.?
- How might spousal support (alimony), child support, and parental responsibility be ordered in my case?
- How will our property and assets be divided?
- Do you encourage mediation? If so, can you assist me with the mediation process?
- How long will it take to finalize my divorce?
- Do you think my case will have to go to trial?
- What is your overall style or beliefs when handling divorce cases?
Before wrapping up the consultation, find out if there are any relevant questions you might have neglected to ask. An experienced and knowledgeable divorce attorney will have paid close attention to the information you have discussed and will offer their best legal advice.
For those contemplating divorce, meeting with an attorney for the first time can be intimidating. But, by being prepared, organized, and honest, you will be able to take advantage of your consultation.
Our Orlando divorce attorneys understand the amount of stress a divorce can put on your entire family, which is why we are here to help. Arrange a thorough and confidential discussion with one of our attorneys by calling 407-426-6999.
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Divorce
- How much does it cost to file for divorce? Do court costs and filing fees differ in contested and uncontested divorce cases?
- Must I hire an attorney to represent me in my divorce case?
- Can I relocate with my children out of state before or during a divorce?
- More Divorce FAQs...
- How Social Media Can Lead to Divorce
- 10 Questions You Should Ask your Divorce Attorney
- Temporary Orders in Divorce Cases
- How Long Does a Divorce Take in Florida?
- 4 Professionals You Can Consult With During Your Divorce Proceedings
- Reentering the Workforce After Divorce
- Helping Your Child Adjust to a New School After Divorce
- How to Help a Child Feel Comfortable in Two Homes
- Is Dating During a Divorce Risky?
- Do I Need an Attorney for My Divorce?
- Why Divorce is Healthier for Your Family than an Unhappy Marriage
- What Happens to Pets in a Divorce?
- How a Divorce can Impact Retirement
- More Divorce Articles...